The basis of all treatments for the following indications require the treatment of the shoes with
Hyperion F, or for diabetics, Hyperion D.
In cases where wound exudates contaminate the inside of the shoe, it is particularly important to physically remove the surface contamination as much as possible, then to treat the shoe fabric with Hyperion. Attention must also be paid to the socks and other fabrics which come into contact with the infection, using Hyperion L to decontaminate the fabrics and the washing machine itself.
A) When temporary shoes such as Kerraped DH shoes or similar are prescribed
- For those with plantar ulcers which are expected to take some considerable time to heal
- For those whose footwear actually caused the ulcer
- For those whose own shoes will not accommodate the dressing applied by the podiatrist which includes thick padding to offload pressures from around the area.
B) Onychomycosis (fungal infection of the nail) which can lead to bacterial infections
- If superficial, file off what can be filed and spray the nail once a week for four weeks and then every 2-3 weeks.
- If more severe infections, remove whatever can be removed. (These nails usually crumble easily and often are already lifted away from the nail bed in parts (autolysis). Spray more regularly than for a superficial infection.For those for whom treatment with oral medication is not suitable. Spray more regularly than for a superficial infection.
- Tinea pedis (fungal foot infections). Hyperion can be sprayed on the unbroken skin but should definitely be sprayed into the shoes and the socks should be washed with Hyperion L laundry sanitiser.
D) Hyperhydrosis (excessively sweaty feet) or Bromhydrosis (malodour). Hyperion F spray or Hyperion D spray into the shoe is really the answer. Not only does it kill the bacteria which feed on and break down sweat causing the bad odours, but the Hyperion composition also protects against reinfections for many months. The socks should be washed with Hyperion L laundry sanitiser.
E) Pitted keratolysis - often causes malodour due to corynebacterial overgrowth. Hyperion F spray or Hyperion D spray into the shoe is really the answer. Not only does it kill the bacteria which feed on and break down sweat causing the bad odours, but the Hyperion composition also protects against reinfections for many months. The socks should be washed with Hyperion L laundry sanitiser.
F) Anhydrosis - can often cause skin to become fissured thereby opening the area for bacterial and fungal infection risks. Treating the anhydrosis also has to be addressed but the treatment for the shoes and socks remains the same as above.
G) Psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis, lichen simplex, lichen planus - for the same reasons as above.
H) Immunosupression. Those who are immunosurpressed (with medications such as DMARDs, Disease Modifying Anti Rheumatic drugs, or a low immune system for various medical reasons or when receiving Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy, when it is imperative no infections should be present). Hyperion F, or in the case of Diabetes, Hyperion D will offer maximum protection agains reinfections
I) Erythema pernio (chilblains). These are painful enough but once the skin has broken, the risks of infection are clear. Spray Hyperion F or D into the shoe to eradicate current and future infections
J) Post any foot surgery or dermatology excisions on the foot. Obviously the shoe should always be treated but the dressings can also be sprayed.
K) Clinical /Medical clothing and uniforms
- Towels. Unless towels are changed after every use, they providing a nice damp environment for bug-fest on them, so by the time they have been used a few times they act as a resevoir for further infections. Wash with Hyperion L laundry additive.
L) Tea towels and washing cloths. Wash with Hyperion L laundry additive.
M) Refreshing and thorough cleaning of the washing machine itself Wash with Hyperion L laundry additive.
1) pet beds. Spray with Hyperion F or wash with Hyperion L laundry additive.
2) Children's soft toys/clothing/blanket/push chair covers/that 'cuddly-rag' which goes everywhere, Spray with Hyperion F or wash with Hyperion L laundry additive.
3)Wheelchairs and rubber seats. Clean to remove surface contamination, then spray with Hyperion F