After a warm summer, the question often arises as to how to 'clean' helmets, gloves and boots that have accumulated considerable sweat and now smell really badly.
Don't use vinegar, baking soda etc.
They don't work for very long, if at all and you risk damaging the helmet fabrics and the helmet shell itself.
- To sanitise the helmet or item of motorcycle gear use Hyperion S for sports kit
- Remove the linings if possible and treat as separate items.
- Remove excess physical dirt from the item
- Spray the item with Hyperion S until touch wet
- Air dry in an airing cupboard or hair dryer. ( Do not exceed 60 degrees centigrade or you risk damaging the item.)
- When dry, the item is ready for use and should not require further treatment for 3-6 months.
- In case of any difficulty, please contact this site through the contact form or call for advice.